Working with Castle Craig Hospital near Edinburgh. Click headline for details.
Castle Craig is a centre of excellence for the treatment of addictive disease located in the Scottish Borders close to Edinburgh. Castle Craig is a medically managed treatment centre employing a team of 28 addiction therapy staff including psychotherapists, psychologists and occupational therapists. Members of our therapy team also specialise in areas such as trauma, eating disorders and family therapy.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced Senior Addiction Therapist to join our team.
Successful applicants must be competent in the core functions of addiction counselling, be knowledgeable and experienced in implementing a 12 step facilitation approach.
The post calls for:
- Excellent counselling skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Supervision skills
- Experience in supporting patients from a varied social strata.
- Recognised accreditation is required, as is training and experience in the Minnesota model and CBT or other evidence based therapies.
- Several years of experience in mental health/addiction setting.
- The ideal candidate will possess a degree or post graduate diploma in counselling or psychology.
- Specialist certification in the areas such as Trauma, Grief and Loss, treatment of other addictive behaviours, Motivational Interviewing, Family Counselling, Co-occurring Disorders, and CBT.
Application forms and a job description may be downloaded from our website, www.castlecraig.co.uk. Completed application forms should be sent with accompanying CV and supporting letter to Lucy Douglas, Castle Craig Hospital, West Linton, Peeblesshire, EH46 7DH. Email: L.Douglas@castlecraig.co.uk